Sunday, November 3, 2013

LIPSTICK: MAC PRIVATE PARTY (DIVINE NIGHT COLLECTION 2013)



When I first saw the photos/promo for the MAC Divine Night Collection, I got really excited because of the new packaging. The usual black and silver combination is pretty enough for me but when they launched this beautiful black and gold packaging I just had to order one. 


They have five lipsticks for this collection which are: You've Got It (frost), Flair For Finery (lustre), Exclusive Event (satin), Private Party (satin) and Prepare For Pleasure (cremesheen). I got Private Party because it's in satin finish (I only get satin and matte finishes) and because the other colors didn't appeal to me as much.


 


FINISH
Private Party is described as a dirty plum mauve. It has a satin finish so it glides smoothly on the lips without pulling or tugging which I loooove. It's a dream to apply either directly or with a lip brush. I prefer to apply it with a light hand because the color is darker than I thought. I saw a lot of photos of this online before ordering it and when I got the actual product, it's actually really dark and bordering vampish color.



What I do is apply a layer of a pinker more subtle color like MAC Faux or something similar and then apply Private Party to make it a touch more pinker. I think this will come out prettier and more wearable.

Skin swtach
I had to edit these photos to show the true color. By the way, I was only wearing the lipstick here, bare face. :)



Overall, I love the texture of this baby. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this as much because it's really dark and more plum than mauve. I might mix this with a lighter color and make it more wearable. This lippie will be perfect with a fresh and clean face with a toned down eyeshadow and neutral blush. Can't wait to rock this!

Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment